Get in touch today 01792 203931
We are pleased to inform you that from Monday 10th August, members will be able to “play” squash (training only, unless from the same household), in accordance with the following rules and procedures. The squash courts will be accessible during bar opening hours only.
- Solo training,
- Playing with a member of the same household,
- If you wish to train* with a member of a different household, you must respect social distancing rules.
* suggestions for training routines can be found by the entrance to the court. Note: At this stage, matches are only permitted between members of the same family
2) Courts 1 and 4 will be available to book; only alternate sessions will be available to ensure sufficient time between each changeover
3) Members must book a court in advance; the names of all players must be added to the booking sheet
4) Entrance to the club is via the upstairs door near the bar. Players must sign in at the bar (and sign out when leaving); this will assist with contact tracing
5) Players must sanitise their hands before and after playing; hand sanitiser will be placed at the entrance to each court
6) The following rules must be followed:
• No hands on, no hugs, kisses, handshakes.
• Do not wipe hands on walls or rear glass back wall.
• Everyone must bring their own equipment and store by the court that they are playing.
• Handling of the same squash ball by different players during a session is not allowed.
• Use your own water bottle and do not share it.
• Disinfectant is present at the entrance to all courts for the handles.
• The handles must be disinfected by the member by spraying the product and wiping it with a paper towel.
• Each player to have their designated area behind the court.
• Players must turn up to training already in their playing kit.
• Players to bring adequate towels, that will need to be placed in a bag then taken home to be washed.
• Rest between games to be taken on court
7) Once play is finished, players must wipe down all surfaces that have been touched ( doors, door handles etc,). Disinfectant spray and paper towels will be available at the entrance to each court. Used towels to be placed in the bins near the court
8) Players must leave the clubhouse via the bar, and sign out
1) Players should arrive at the club ready to play; changing rooms will not be accessible.
2) During this phase, the bar will continue to operate outside only, and members are not allowed to enter the clubhouse unless using the toilet, or to play squash
3) If you have not yet re-joined, and wish to play, please do so by contacting Jenny Burrows
If you pay by direct debit, please note it does not automatically renew, you must give Jenny permission to re-start payments
4) Justin will sent an email out each week giving the planned bar opening hours. The plan will be based on the weather forecast. In the event of the forecast changing, Justin will contact those members who have booked to play to inform them that they will be unable to do so
Thanks all, happy playing